Strains, sprains and home-careSeptember 26, 2023
- Reduced labor times. Whether your delivering your first child or you’ve given birth in the past, Webster Technique reduces labor times on average by 25% for first time moms, and 33% for moms who’ve already delivered once!
- Postpartum pain is relieved in 75% of moms that have received regular chiropractic care. After you’ve been through the many months of pregnancy, done the delivering, you’re going to want to get your body back, you’re going to want to recover from any post- delivery aches and pains. Utilizing chiropractic during your pregnancy will decrease the amount of pain you’ll have after the birth.
- Successfully assists pregnant women with mal-positioned babies 82% of the time! Webster Technique helps to balance the pelvic structures, musculature, and ligaments to allow for the most freedom of movement for the growing fetus. Starting chiropractic early in pregnancy will reduce the likelihood of your baby getting into and staying in mal-positions.
- Getting adjusted relaxes the pelvic floor of pregnant women. With the stress of a growing belly, and adaptations in the body, you want a strong pelvic floor for many reasons. However, when you’re relaxed, it should be relaxed too, and this ability to relax is so important to allow the baby to move through the pelvic canal without restraint when the time comes.
- To free your nervous system from interference. It’s important for the messages in your nervous system to move freely- which allows for the muscles and organs to work optimally to send and receive information. This includes messages like when to contract, how long to contract, how strong your muscles should be contracting.
How does it work?
Chiropractic adjustments are a treatment that’s provided to balance and improve the musculoskeletal system, and the nervous system.
During pregnancy there are hormone shifts, weight gain, changes in how a woman carries her weight with the center of gravity shifting forward. These changes accumulate and greatly change how the spine functions. The hormone shift affects a woman’s joints from the bones, ligaments and muscles making them become more pliable, where the joints may become displaced or fixated. When these changes occur, there may be no symptoms at all, or it may result in low back pain, hip pain, pelvic pain, pubic bone pain, and round ligament (low belly) pain.
The Webster Technique was developed specifically with pregnant women in mind, changes are made to the chiropractic adjusting table to allow for mom’s changing body, and the technique is very gentle. This technique addresses the joints that have become displaced or fixated, to allow them to move properly, the muscles and ligaments to be balanced, and for optimal nerve function which coordinates all of it. Anytime there is a dysfunction- the nervous system sends messages back to the brain, and it comes back telling the surrounding muscles by the joints to adapt, change, stiffen up, spasm, loosen up. Having a chiropractor to improve spinal functioning helps the whole body work better.
I use Webster Technique every day in my practice to help improve women’s pregnancy, labor and outcomes. Pregnant women love getting adjusted, and the benefits are just an added bonus!
Yours in health,
Dr. Kat Aleman